Thursday, June 16, 2011

Skinny Tato Polish Restaurant Downtown Victoria BC





A friend recommended this small Polish Restaurant at 615 Johnson Street to me a couple of weeks ago. Tonight we gave it a try and absolutely loved it. The first thing I heard from the cook in the kitchen was, this is a disaster. Well if this dinner was a disaster, the bring on the plague. Katherina, the cook and owner was upset because her normal cook and server did not show for work and she was left alone. Well, dinner was served in good time and it turned out to be one of the best meals we have had in a while. When we left, the flavour remained in our palate for a long time. All four of the salads were very good and the Potato Pancake was to die for! I had mine stuffed with Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut and Linda had spinach and feta. So, I am passing on the recommendation for a West Coast Polish Disaster Dinner at the Skinny Tato. Katherina has a great sense of humor and I am sure she will appreciate the humor. I am going back for sure.

No comments: