Saturday, February 5, 2011

Spring has Sprung in Victoria - predictions are right


This tree is not laden with blossoms but they are starting to come out. The snow-drops are coming out of the ground as are the tulips. Buds are starting open. I must admit that I have seen blossoms in late December and often in the middle of January, so these are not really that early, even though they have been out for about ten days. I hesitate to post our weather conditions because I have seen what it has been like across Canada and in the USA. We again feel really lucky to live here. We did get snow for a short while. It was however short lived. The second snowfall, I did not even bother to shovel. I let the liquid sunshine take it away. This does not mean that we could not have another downturn in the weather, but all forecasts are for an early spring, so we hope these early signs will bring it on! Spring is in the air!

No comments: