Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bug Me Please at the Victoria Bug Zoo



Today Madison and I visited the Bug Zoo in Victoria. One of the exciting things to do is to hold the bugs in your hands. As you can see from the picture above and the facebook pictures, it is a lot of fun. Once you get over your preconceived notions, it is a blast. Today I held a scorpion, a tarantula, and a millipede in my hands. The millipede tickled my hands as it move its hundreds of feet over my hand. My grand-daughter loved it and she really like all the other bugs as well. It is fun and educational. Today I learned that centipedes are carivores and they only have one foot per body segment and that millipedes are herbavores and they have two feet on every body segment. If you are in Victoria you must visit this great attraction.

No comments: