Monday, December 28, 2009

Goldstream Park - Find Waldo




Today I travelled the short distance from my house to beautiful Goldstream Park. The salmon run appeared to be over but the sun was shining and the park was full of people. For the 28th of December, it was about 6C. It is hard to get a better day. At this time of the year the moss on the trees is spectacular. The river had a number of birds in it looking for the remaining fish carcasses. 

My wife spotted a small bird standing on a rock. This bird turned out to be an amazing swimmer. I am sure it was feeding but I am not sure on what. It would dive into the river and swim back and forth, then surface and stand on a rock with the current rushing by its tiny feet. I called him Waldo....See if you can find Waldo. 

To find out more about interesting sights around Victoria, click here to visit our website.


No comments: