Thursday, November 12, 2009

Tourism Victoria - 2010 Marketing Showcase




A very special event occurred on Tuesday evening, November 10th. Tourism Victoria wants tourist just like you to visit Victoria, so they are trying hard to convince you to come here. The plan was outlined to board members, members of tourism Victoria and the media. There are some great places in the world to visit, but Tourism Victoria believes that Victoria is one of the best and they are doing a great job of letting the world know just that. Speakers at the "Showcase" included Randy Wright, Board Chair, Helen Welch, Vice-president, Marketing, and Robert Gialloreto, President and CEO, all with Tourism Victoria. Special guest speakers included Greg Klassen, Senior Vice President, Marketing Strategy and Communications, Canadian Tourism Commission and Brian Price (pictured above) a 2008 Olympic Champion at Beijing China in the Men's Eight Rowing event. The staff did a great job outlining the 2010 strategy and how it relates to the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver. Brian Price shared his personal story of his trip from childhood Leukemia to Olympic Gold and it was truly inspirational. His goal was to illustrate that everyone is capable of reaching the potential that is deep inside. Check out the Tourism Victoria web site and also to learn more about Brian Price visit http://www.podiumfirst.ca/. The Empress Hotel and a number of sponsors treated the crowd to some local cuisine and spirits, an excellent closure to a fine event. During the mixer and food, I had the opportunity to hold Brian's gold medal. That was a real treat for me as I have never even seen one before. I could feel the energy that was put into getting the gold. Too cool!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice post..

I know how difficult it is finding a good spot. I was in London a holiday last summer and it took me ages finding a good hotel at a good price.I think the only thing that has eased my process was LTM. I highly recommend them. You should try their website. I found a good London hotel...

http://www.lastminutetravel.com/Destination/London-Hotels.aspx