Friday, November 21, 2008

French Beach in November


Just about 40 minutes from Victoria is French Beach Provincial Park. On Nov. 19th I went there to do some video. When I arrived, there were two young children playing near the water in their T-shirts. It was so warm and sunny for this time of the year. There were only two groups of people there other than me, so it was very peaceful. The water was gently washing against the shoreline and the sky was blue and clear. The water was sparkling blue and I don't think you could find a better day at French Beach. The tide was in and while I was there it started to recede uncovering the sandy beach. At high water only the rocky beach is exposed. There was a stream coming out of the gravel on the beach, which is common on these types of beaches. This is a favourite spot for locals. Check it out next time you are in Victoria.

No comments: